Originally published 8/12/13 via I Give God all the Glory facebook page. Published here 1/28/14.
8/12/13 Sharing His Word with Meditation Monday
Last week we discussed God’s charge to Joshua (Joshua 1:1-9) and today we are going to review Joshua 1:8, where God Himself commands us to meditate on His Word.
Joshua 1:8 (NASB)
8 This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success.
Do you follow this command? If not, what is holding you back? Are you sidetracked or intimidated by the meaning of ‘meditating’ on God’s Word? No, it does not involve candles, soothing music, and chants. Let’s go over this together.
To meditate means:
- To train the mind (mental discipline)
- To reflect on or contemplate (reflection)
- To plan in the mind or intend (conscious intention)
When meditation is practiced God’s way, you infuse yourself with His Word!
- Engrain your brain; when you immerse in God’s Word you train your mind to think as God thinks.
- Continual consideration; when you recap God’s Word, you reflect God’s word.
- Mindful awareness; when you design your mind in God’s ways, your equipped to walk in His ways.
Have a wonderful day and may God bless you always. Amen!
Listening to KLove radio app (click to watch via YouTube): You Are My King – Newsboys
For additional insight into this topic, visit these great resources:
Biblical meditation explained: https://bible.org/article/biblical-meditation
Step by step – five ways to meditate on a verse: http://saddleback.com/blogs/orange/5-ways-to-meditate-on-a-verse/