Originally published 8/21/13 via I Give God all the Glory facebook page. Published here 2/3/14.
8/21/13 Sharing His Word with Wisdom Wednesday
Proverbs 28:26 (AMP)
26 He who leans on, trusts in, and is confident of his own mind and heart is a [self-confident] fool, but he who walks in skillful and godly Wisdom shall be delivered.
26 He who leans on, trusts in, and is confident of his own mind and heart is a [self-confident] fool (walking in his own ways), but he who walks in (leans on, trusts in, and is confident in God) skillful (practiced, proficient) and godly Wisdom (understanding, knowledge, judgment) shall be delivered (set free, rescued, saved, provided for).
1) Arrogant self-confidence is dishonoring and unwise.
2) Recognize that any talent you ‘could feel desire to boast about’ comes from God.
3) We should receive any gift He gives us thankfully, quietly, and humbly, not boastfully or with confident entitled arrogance.
4) Create a strong bond with the Lord by walking in all His ways, singing His praise, reading, speaking and meditating on His Word and put that into action every day.
5) Put your confidence in the Lord, not the flesh, for flesh and its abilities are fleeting, but the Lord is everlasting.
Have a wonderful day and may God bless you always. Amen!
Listening to KLove radio app (click to watch via YouTube): The Hurt & The Healer – MercyMe