My task is to answer four simple questions… so, here goes… 🙂
1) What am I working on?
As the Spirit prompts, I blog about Bible study, Scripture, and the thoughts of a Christ-centered heart. One of those precious God-given thoughts needed a bit more than a blog post. Actually, it has outgrown the blog! So, I’ve prayerfully decided to turn it into a guidebook (more information below).
I am currently working on a guide to ‘Reclaiming and Renewing your life in Christ’ but for now you can check out Renew My Life In Christ
for a jump-start.
My mission: To reclaim our lives from the enemy of lies and renew our minds in Christ – second by second, day by day, piece by piece – and strive to look more and more like Christ along the way. I want to emphasize the need for God’s Word in our lives and the deep need for us to live like Jesus.
My Vision: A collection of Christian life tips, self-assessments (the Christlikeness filter), and scripture applications. There are so many different aspects to authentic Christian living and I want to highlight them without taking away from the necessity of the Bible. My work is not intended as a Bible substitute but a guide to apply Biblical principle to current times, in a way that applies to our modern lifestyles and the issues we face. I want to talk about the real everyday stuff – what we like & share on social media, what we watch, how we talk (behind closed doors or in public), what we promote or associate ourselves with, our friends, are we helping or hurting, when people see us do they see Christ, who do we live for Jesus or the world? As we ponder these things together, it is my sincere hope that the Holy Spirit deepens our commitment to Christ-like living while transforming us to His likeness.
Release date: TBD – in God’s time.
Noteworthy works-in-progress: I am also working on adding content for the following pages to my site – ‘The Christ Challenge’, ‘The Shape of Christ’, and ‘My Life = Worship.’
2) How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I truly believe that my work in the Christian genre should echo the living Word of God – the Bible – and therefore should not be ‘so’ different from others in the same category. I don’t strive to stand out, I strive for truth and authentic Christlikeness. Think about it for a minute, should Christian works vary widely? I don’t think so. Christian works should resound in unison – with one voice in Christ. How can I preach or teach different from the Word or God? I cannot. God gives each of us a unique voice and with it comes our personal perspective. God gives each of us specific gifts and talents with which we use to deliver His love and kindness to others. All I can do is share my unique God-given, Holy Spirit-driven insight, oh, such a gift it is (for each of us)!
3) Why do I write what I do?
My life revolves around God – His mercy and grace. His Word is the foundation on which my life is built. The salvation and restoration of Jesus Christ has made all things new – healed, remade, and restored. His Spirit flourishes in me. He loves me in a way I never imagined or knew possible. He has done too much for me to remain silent. How can I not tell the world of the of Salvation of Jesus?! How can I not write about such a life-changing relationship?! How can I not sing the song of love for my God?!
4) How does #MyWritingProcess work?
Truth telling time, I don’t have a structured writing process and I’m okay with that – it works for me. 🙂 I’d like to say a special prayer for all the dedicated, hard-working, process driven writers out there – may they keep up the hard work – God bless them! So, does this mean I’m less dedicated than other writers? Well, writing ranks 4th or 5th on my daily to-do list (I know that statement further qualifies me as the’ Least Dedicated Writer. Ever.’) but let me explain. When I write, I do so for God and His message, His purpose is of the utmost importance. So, I guess it just depends on how you look at it. God takes 1st place in my life. He takes center stage everyday. He is more of a priority than writing. Writing happens to be an awesome tool, an appreciated talent, a God-given gift that allows me to share His heart, His Word, and the Good News of Salvation found in Jesus Christ. While I’m not so much concerned with pursuing writing, I am infinitely concerned with chasing after my awesome God and what I do for Him, I do with fervent dedication. When God pauses to tell me to write, I am immediately obedient. So, instead of structuring #MyWritingProcess around things that are subject to change – my emotions, my life, my schedule, etc. – I chose to put my work in the hands of an unchangeable, all-powerful God. Each day I pray for God to open my eyes and ears to His guidance and direction, so that He will be the author of my days, my work, and ultimately my life. With my heart and mind open to God, I wait and listen for His inspiration, wisdom, and words to flow forth from His Holy Spirit that lives in me. When the Spirit stirs such wonderful gifts, I record them – day or night, no time schedules or constraints. After I write, I edit and revise but not obsessively so. I trust God to edit my heart first, in so doing, He purifies the words of my mouth. I trust Him to give me the words that need to be said. I also trust Him to prompt me when to share to the things He’s placed on my heart – sometimes it’s within minutes, other times it’s days, weeks, or months, and for a large quantity of my work, it’s been longer than that. Everything always goes through His filter first!
In true blog tour fashion, I now pass the #MyWritingProcess torch to the following bloggers. Please take the time to check out their faith-filled blogs. God-Willing, they’ll bless us by blogging about their #MyWritingProcess next week. Drum roll please… and the nominees are:
- Marilyn Biddinger (@glimpsedglory) at ‘Glimpsed Glory‘ – Blog Bio: While it is certainly my hope that I am following God’s leading sharing the things He has used and is continuing to use to transform and build my faith, I am well aware that His Word is perfect, indeed flawless and I am NOT. Even as I pray that God will use the riches of His perfect Word to encourage your heart and bless you with wisdom and understanding, I pray just as fervently that He will keep the imperfect observations I may offer from hindering your faith walk in any way. So while the commentary offered in these posts may entertain you or start your wheels turning, only His Word can restore you, refresh you, and renovate your soul – go there often. Marilyn is completely devoted to God and seeks His presence diligently. Her passion for Christ is seen throughout her blog. Her Spirit-filled posts continually encourage my faith and refresh my Spirit in God’s Word – she has been such a blessing to me.
- Bryan Marler (@MarlerPreaches) at ‘Preach The Word (A Young Pastor’s Blog)‘ – Blog Bio: Saved at 8. Surrendered to preach at 20. Pastor at 23.Bryan J. Marler is the Pastor of Marysville Missionary Baptist Church in Marysville, Ohio and fourth year student of Michigan Missionary Baptist Seminary (I believe he’s actually a recent grad!). He has a passion for all things music and social media but his number one passion is the preaching of the Word of God. Bryan’s blog is just awesome – go see for yourself. He has God-given insight and an honest love of God. He is also an admin for Sixty Six in 60 (@sixtysixin60) at ‘sixtysixin60‘ – Bible reading challenge – 66 books of the Bible in 60 days.
- Karen (@_KarenL) at ‘A Few Words (from me)‘ – Blog Bio: God is doing a lot of work in my life right now and placed it on my heart to share things that I learn or experiences that I have along the way through a blog. Besides writing and blogging, I enjoy reading and photography and learning new things. I’m from Texas. 🙂 I hope all who visit my blog will be blessed or encouraged or edified in some way. Karen has a big heart – a Texas-size heart! She’s honest and open in her pursuit of God. She’s a natural encourager. Don’t let her blog name fool you, she has many inspiring, beautiful, heart-warming things to say.
I sincerely hope you enjoyed these insights! I pray you make lasting faith-filled connections with the bloggers I nominated! Thanks and God bless you all!
#NowYouKnow – My writing process is really all about God – His timing, His Will, His Way!
Jennifer – I Give God All The Glory